Jordan Slater-Cuthbertson

I am a 22 year old story-lover with a BA in English Literature and Creative Writing. I'm passionate about books, films, music, anything that tells a story. I mainly write Historical Fiction although I am also working on Medieval Fantasy. I realised I wanted to be an author at the age of nine, when I wrote my first book for my sister's birthday. The rest, they say, is history! I have recently completed my first real novel and am looking forward to publishing it and embarking on my career in storytelling. I have also started working as an editor and have been a drummer since I was seven. (Or two, if you count from the time I first started bashing away... lol) 

I'm quite busy and don't check into the Townhouse every day, but feel free to send me a message if you want to chat, and I'll reply as soon as I can. :)

Relationships
Empty

Fab! It's amazing how the lightbulb just comes on sometimes, eh? Your excitement is contagious and extremely motivating. 😃 I can't wait to see how your story turns out! 

I know how frustrating it can be to find the little details that make something feel really authentic. But there is something to say for creative license as well (not the Hollywood kind), once all the research has been done. With history, I think there will almost always be gaps, so the interpretation comes in filling in those gaps and that's where things can be really left up to the author. The fact is, there will always be scholars/experts who always know more about a certain subject than we as authors do, no matter how much research we do. But that doesn't mean they can use it to tell a gripping story. Storytelling comes first, historical accuracy second. Although it goes without saying that one should always do their best to be accurate. 

So I wouldn't worry about it too much! Stortyelling is an interpretative art. 

Congratulations! Such an achievement! I wish you all the best with it.

I can finally go back on social media, which I banned myself from for a full 30 days... I knew it would be a time suck 😅 

Same to you, Sarah! You hit an impressive number even with all your busyness. I hope you've got a lot of material to work with!

Well done, Jo! You managed to write an incredible amount of words in the last week and seemed to have fun doing it, so I would call that an absolute win! 😃 

I feel you on the procrastination. The bane of my life. It's rendered me almost useless today in the word count department. 

Info
Full Name:
Jordan Slater-Cuthbertson
Friends count:
Followers count:
Membership
Standard