Maria Pace | Head of Courses & Mentoring| Jericho Writers

Hi! I’m Maria, I'm the Head of Courses & Mentoring at Jericho Writers

A bit about me: Maltese, dog lover, avid reader with a Publishing MA. 

Relationships
Empty
Maria Pace | Head of Courses & Mentoring| Jericho Writers Discussions
  •  · 
Hello there,As you might know by now, we’ve recently opened applications for our Ultimate Novel Writ…
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · Hi Maria,Thanks for your invitation to discuss this course. I have a big deadline Friday & will …
  •  · 
Hi everyone,Maria here, Jericho Writers’ Head of Courses and Mentoring. As some of you may know by n…

Hi there. Yup, you should expect more information around mid-September. Very very soon now!

Hi everyone. I'm so glad you all enjoyed the Writing For Children's course! We'll definitely look into the possibilities of a 'part two' course. We're also open to any suggestions you may have for new courses, so let me know! 

Added a forum 

Hello there,

As you might know by now, we’ve recently opened applications for our Ultimate Novel Writing Course 2021-2022!

The Ultimate Novel Writing Course is a year-long online course aimed to help you get your manuscript ready for publication in a year. It combines everything Jericho Writers has to offer – a lifelong Jericho Writers membership, weekly tutorials, calls with tutors, monthly one-on-one mentoring, exercises with tutor and peer-feedback, plus events and exclusive opportunities to network with writers, editors and agents.

This year, we have two courses that will be running at the same time, with the main difference being the time zones. This will make zoom calls, mentoring sessions, and live events easier for people in different locations.

We’ve got a great line up of tutors who are eager to read your work and help you hone your craft throughout the year-long course. We’ve also got an exclusive collaboration with an agency for each course, which means students will send their full submission pack to the agency towards the end of the course and receive personalised feedback. 

You can find more information about the UK/Europe course (GMT Time zone) here.

And you can find more information about the International (ET time zone) here.

To join the course, you’ll have to first download the prospectus to find out more. One you’ve downloaded the prospectus, you can apply for the course.

We know this isn’t a course for everyone - it’s pricey and a big commitment. This is why we have an application process rather than going straight to payment. We want to make sure that the course is going to be right for you before you sign up.

Which is why I’m posting here. If you have any questions at all about our Ultimate Novel Writing Course, or any other course we offer, ask away! Myself and Emily, our Courses and Mentoring Assistant, will be here to answer any questions you may have.

You can also email us any specific questions on courses@jerichowriters.com.

Maria

Hi! This is very interesting - are there any specific advanced topics you would like to see? I'd love to know.

Hi Mark. Always great to meet Maltese Jericho Writers members! The self-edit course will definitely give you the tools you need to edit your second manuscript. Good luck with your draft before the course :)  

Hi Emma! I'm so happy to hear you're excited about the Writing for Children's course. I'd say if you're feeling inspired, write away! The course will help you no matter where you are in your draft and if you've got an idea, you might as well start working on it. Don't forget that your first draft is never your last, so the advice you get on this course will help you tighten your story no matter what :) 

Hi Wendy. While it's ideal to have a full finished draft for the Self-Edit course, it's ok if you don't finish your manuscript completely. As long as you have more than 10,000 words you'd be fine on the course. If you want to cancel or defer your date, we can definitely do it as long as you let us know before the course start date. This way, we'll be able to replace your slot. 

If you're interested in the Self-edit course, I urge you to book your place as it's a very popular course - January and March 2022 have already sold out! 

Added a forum 

Hi everyone,

Maria here, Jericho Writers’ Head of Courses and Mentoring. As some of you may know by now, we’ve recently introduced three new short courses for 2021 – Creative Writing 101, Creative Non-Fiction, and Writing For Children. These short online courses are aimed at anyone who’d love to learn more about these subjects and kickstart their writing projects!

I wanted to give you all the opportunity to ask us any questions you may have about these new courses, or any of our other courses like Self-Editing Your Novel and Ultimate Writing Novel Course, or our Mentoring Service.

Please, ask away! Myself and Emily, our Courses and Mentoring Assistant, will be here to answer any nagging questions you may have.

Hi Amanda. Were you looking for the recent UNWC one? If so, this won't be on the main website as it was an exclusive UNWC webinar. It's on Teachable under April. Let me know if you'd like me to send you the link! 

Hi Mark. I've added the tutorial as a PDF so you should be able to see it better now. Let me know if not.

Info
Full Name:
Maria Pace | Head of Courses & Mentoring| Jericho Writers
Friends count:
Followers count:
Membership