Holly Seddon | Head of Community | Jericho Writers

I'm Head of Community for Jericho Writers. I'm also a bestselling author and I co-host a podcast called The Honest Authors. My latest book The Hit List is out now with Trapeze/Orion. 

Relationships
Empty
Holly Seddon | Head of Community | Jericho Writers Discussions
  •  · 
Hi everyone,One of the reasons we chose to build this community on this platform, is because it's ve…
  •  · 
    unknown
  •  · 
  •  · 
Welcome to the Jericho Writers Community, we hope you’ll really enjoy your time here. In case you’re…
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · Welcome Rakan. I have no idea what I’m doing but this is a lovely place to get lost and is full of f…
  •  · 
Hi everyone! Well, May went past in a flash. If you saw my goals post for May, you'll know that I wa…
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · Hi, Holly. I hope you've been able to find time to relax between so many important changes.May went …
  •  · 
I've just finished the copy edits on my next book (the title of which has changed and I think I have…
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · I read them first for the Agent information at this point but I love seeing the gratitude of an auth…
  •  · 
Right now, I'm writing this from a little cottage where I'm staying in isolation so that I can then …
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · Hi Anne, agreed, this site takes a bit of getting used to, I have had lost posts in the past, plus s…
  •  · 
Who has something coming out this month? It can be a novel, non-fiction book, short story, flash fic…
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · Hi Lynn, many thanks, I'll keep you up to date, I have some editing to do and it's expected publishi…

Holly-  I'm hoping to come to the Inklings Conference in Oxford next summer.  I plan to drop into the Jericho Writers office if that's OK.  Later on I will try to arrange a specific time to drop in.

If this happens again to anybody, please email Writers Services on info@jerichowriters.com and they'll be able to help you asap! 

I'm currently reading all the Maigret books from start to finish. I'm on number six and it'll take some time as George Simenon wrote 75 novels and 28 short stories featuring Maigret! They're surprisingly fresh and the characterisation of Maigret is fantastic. Lee Child is a fan and you can absolutely see the through line to Jack Reacher. 

I love reading series as you experience the overarching character arc through the books plus the individual arcs of each story, it's a great plate-juggling act to witness. 

I always have several books on the go at one time and I'm trying to read more widely, from authors nothing like me, in settings I've never seen or scenarios I could never dream of. It stretches my imagination as a writer and a human! I recently read and adored Little Eyes by Samanta Schweblin. 

Added a forum 

Hi everyone! Well, May went past in a flash. If you saw my goals post for May, you'll know that I was in the UK in isolation ahead of house hunting. I'm happy to say that I found a house and had an offer accepted. Very strange circumstances in which to make such a decision. I went to see three places but two were very clearly not right. The third was a show home for a new build and I took tonnes of photos and a long video which I sent to my husband back in Amsterdam and luckily he agreed it was the right one. So we've bought a house he's never seen! It's not ready until September but we move out of our Dutch apartment at the end of July so we're going to be AirBnbing for the summer. A summer in which I'll be writing book 6 and working on the launch for the new community!

But for now, June. I sent back my latest outline for book 6 and am still waiting for feedback from my publisher. I hate this part! Because they could just green light it and I'll start writing, they could like the outline but ask for a sample, which is fine because I can start writing. Or they could say the outline isn't right and then I have to go back to the drawing board. I JUST WANT TO BE WRITING! But patience is definitely a virtue in the traditional publishing world... 

I finished my copyedits on book 5 last month so all that is left with that book is page proofs. That's when the manuscript is laid out properly into type set pages that actually look like a book, and I'm sent those pages to do a final check. You can't make extensive changes at this point as it will cause production problems so it's things like typos, transposing words, adding a comma... I like editing, luckily, so I enjoy this part. And it's always lovely seeing it in an almost finished form.

What about you, how did you get on in May and what are your plans for June? If you're going to the Summer Festival of Writing, which events do you plan to watch? 

Hi Milla, it definitely is the first 500 words of the manuscript. In previous years it could be 500 words from anywhere so someone may have got momentarily muddled! Hope that helps. Holly 

Welcome Sarah! Lovely to have you here! If you have any questions on how to use Townhouse, do send me a message 😀

Welcome to the community, Edward! 

The second version appeals to me more. Revenge and loss are fairly commonplace but returning from the dead isn't, so this stands out! 

No ban holiday here in the Netherlands either! We had a bank holiday the week before which I've never got to grips with! 

Info
Full Name:
Holly Seddon | Head of Community | Jericho Writers
Friends count:
Followers count:
Membership
Administrator
My Posts
Holly Seddon | Head of Community | Jericho Writers Polls

Private

Not logged in users can't 'View Poll'.

Private