Sibo

Hi, I'm Sibo Makuza. I'm 16 years old (I know I'm young lol) and live in Zimbabwe. I wrote a YA sci-fi novel last year, and started submitting to agents. I got positive feedback, but nothing more than that. I knew then that my novel needed work. During my hunt for agents, I stumbled upon Jericho Writers, but couldn't afford to be a member. Till December 2019, there was an opportunity to apply for a free membership. I applied, I won it, I took it. 

I'm a fully fledged nerd that loves reading writing and sci-fi movies. If you've never heard of the Avengers, don't bother messaging me, haha (I'm joking). I'm currently editing my novel, and I'm thankful and lucky to be here.

Relationships
Empty
My Forums
  •  · 
Does anyone else just come onto Townhouse, go through a bunch of forums, and think alright that's my…
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · I'm stuck in the editing phase too, haha. I wish I was working on another writing project, but my mi…
  •  · 
This is my third time posting here (wow). You'd think it'd be less nerve-racking, haha.My name is Si…
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · Continuation (last part)root@Ophelia_Summer# man bunniesBUNNY (Browning Uther Neo-Nihilist Yokes) ap…
  •  · 
If a book starts with a page of atmosphere, and world-building, I'm bored. I won't continue, and I w…
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  ·  I think it depends on the genre you are writing in. I read all manner of books. If it is a beautifu…
  •  · 
Hi, I'm Sibo Makuza. I completed a novel last year, got rejections from agents, stumbled upon Jerich…
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · Hi, I'm new to writing and critquing. But I liked the start of your piece it did hook me for a while…
  •  · 
If you could ask a literary agent one thing, what would you ask him/her? I've registered for the “I'…
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · Thank you
  •  · 
Hi guys, I'm Sibo Makuza. Been editing my novel and I'd highly appreciate feedback for the prologue.…
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · Thank you guys all so much for the feedback!! I've taken into account everything you've said, I'll b…
Sibo
 added a forum 

Hello everyone, my name is Sibo Makuza, and I'm 16 years old. I have written a novel (I don't feel obliged to reveal anything about it just yet) and I have received nothing but rejection from agents. 

Agents have told me things like "your book is imaginative and inventive, but it just isn't right for my list." I know nearly all writers have to go through this stage. But when you're a teenaged author, you feel alone. You read author success stories, and then realise they're 20 years older than you. Does this mean I have to wait 20 years till I'll get published? J.K Rowling wasn't a teenager when she published Harry Potter, Rick Riordan wasn't a teenager when he published Percy Jackson.

Despite my age, I'm very serious about writing.  I got a bursary membership into Jericho Writers (which I'm extremely grateful for) and I have completed the How-to-Write video course. Words cannot express how amazing it was, Harry Bingham's teachings totally revolutionized my book. But as a teenage author, sometimes I do feel lonely.  The ratio between teenage authors and adult authors is small. None of my friends are writers. So, if there any other teenage writers here on the Townhouse, I'd just like to let you know, you're not alone! And if anyone has any tips, on how to feel less lonely as a teenage writer, PLEASE TELL ME ABOUT THEM!

PS: I'm open to making adult writer friends too!

Info
Full Name:
Sibo
Friends count:
Followers count:
Membership
Standard