Reidr Daniels

Continually emerging, constantly learning

Relationships
Empty
Reidr Daniels Discussions
  •  · 
I can't recall who it was but someone on JW brought Page Turner Awards to my attention. If it was yo…
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · Three of us from JW that I know of so far...including Jackie K.
  •  · 
Okay, I just paraphrased Reid Hoffman’s quote. He was talking about, and to, entrepreneurs. He is on…
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · Yes, it is, I don't live there either, but have visited all my life. The seals are lovely, and so ar…
  •  · 
The more research I do on self-publishing, the more I think it could well be my best option. At leas…
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · Yes, I think they are very good. A friend of mine found my book, The Mystery of the Lost Husbands in…
  •  · 
I had never submitted an entry to a writing award contest...until someone somewhere on Jericho menti…
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · Hi, Thanks for finding this and passing it on.  I think I just managed to skate under the wire! 
  •  · 
I need your help. I have a concern about my use of language that might offend certain readers. I'm c…
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · Thanks again. I really appreciate your taking the time. Good thoughts.

Hey Robert, Having read your book, I'd say the racist callout is most unfortunate. I didn't see that or sense it in any way, but then, I'm a Caucasian male. I'd say don't let the review bother you. We all need to be alert going forward to anything that might potentially strike someone as racist, whether or not it is.

I want to give IngramSpark a public thank you. I just Googled 'Pyrate Rising' (using advanced search to filter out extraneous items). I wanted to see where it was being offered for sale (besides the USA and Canada). To my surprise, it's showing up in sales sites all across Europe, Australia, New Zealand and even China. Online stores aren't the only ones. It's showing up in some brick-and-mortar bookstores and even libraries. Honestly, I never expected that. It's a nice surprise.

Best wishes for achieving your goal, Karmen. I plan on publishing the next two in my trilogy early in the year. With any luck, I'll finish writing the fourth and get it publlished as well. It's good to have goals...and make them public.

Congratulations! I've never been there but, I'd say it's important that your enthusiasm for your book and an upbeat nature need to shine through. People prefer to work wth those who have energy and are both engaging and committed. Best of luck.

Merry Christmas indeed. And happy writing in 2022!

Thanks Alisa. It's nice to have talented friends like Jim.

Jim Whirlow, Creative Director at JRW Group Entertainment, threw together this marketing video for my debut novel, Pyrate Rising. (I hope the file isn't too big to upload). If you're considering a video marketing piece, I can put you in touch with Jim.

Congrats on getting your book published, Nick. Now the marketing and selling kick in. They're much more time-consuming than I ever imagined. Brought a complete halt to my writing for a while. Run hard!

Definitely not a coincidence. I started writing it BECAUSE of my grandson. I thought he might identify with his namesake and appreciate the leadership he demonstrated. Time will tell. He's only 7. Too young for this novel right now.

Thanks David. You know, I wrote, edited and polished the book twenty times...and still wasn't feeling it was 100% ready. But I submitted it to Page Turner Awards anyway and was listed as a finalist. So what the heck, I went for it. I think you're right...there are way too many reasons to procrastinate. Sometimes you just have to let your kid grow up and run loose in the wild.

I'm shocked and humbled. Thanks to incredible guidance from my friends at JW, 'Pyrate Rising' is a #1 New Seller on Amazon.com today in a Teen/Young Adult category. Robert Pearce, I can't thank you enough for helping me through the maze. I'm so grateful you were always a few steps ahead of me, breaking ground.

I can hardly believe it. Today, Amazon has my debut novel, Pyrate Rising, as a #1 New Seller in a Teen/YA category. This would never have happened without the help and support of everyone here at JW (special shout out to Rob Pearce). If you're interested, my self-publishing decision and experience are chronicled in the Self-publishing Forum under the heading "Real-Time Self-Publishing Experience".

Info
Full Name:
Reidr Daniels
Friends count:
Followers count:
Membership
Standard