RachelChurcherWriting

YA author and passionate YA reader. My post-Brexit YA dystopian series, Battle Ground, is out now: http://viewauthor.at/RachelChurcher

Relationships
Empty
My Forums
  •  · 
Hi - I'm looking for some guidance on using IngramSpark to distribute my indie-published books. I'm …
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · We have a small publishing collective in New Zealand, but have the same dilemma of whether to use Am…

Hi - I'm looking for some guidance on using IngramSpark to distribute my indie-published books. 

I'm currently exclusive with Amazon KDP for my eBooks, and my paperbacks are also POD via KDP. I'd love to get them into bookshops, but my local branch of Waterstones can only stock them if they are available through their suppliers. 

I've used Amazon ISBNs for my paperbacks, but I'll be buying my own ISBNs to use with IngramSpark. I've seen plenty of advice saying that I can use the same ISBN for both, as long as I own it, but is it reasonable to stick with the Amazon ISBNs for KDP, and use the new ISBNs for IngramSpark? I don't really want to redesign and republish my Amazon editions at this point, and I'd like to put my Wishing Shelf finalist medal on the front of the IngramSpark version.

Are there any drawbacks to producing separate editions with different ISBNs? I'd love to hear your experiences!

RachelChurcherWriting
 changed a profile cover 
RachelChurcherWriting
 changed a profile picture 
Info
Full Name:
RachelChurcherWriting
Friends count:
Followers count:
Membership
Standard