Julie B

Relationships
Empty
Julie B Discussions
  •  · 
My first 1-2-1 is coming up and everyone says that the 15 minutes fly by. Considering my nerves, I’m…
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · My son is coming home in a few days. I will get him to show me how to put emojis on my laptop. I'm c…
  •  · 
Here's my first attempt at a query letter. It's for a children's book, but is it too short? I need t…
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · That could be it. πŸ˜‚
  •  · 
You hear a lot about vanity publishing houses and to steer clear of them, but I had no idea that we …
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · Right?πŸ˜‚ We'd make more than getting our book published for sure!
  •  · 
Not my genre but I found it so interesting, I wanted to share. For all Fantasy, Science Fiction, and…
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · Thanks. That would be terrific.
  •  · 
I have a character arc that goes from being afraid to brave but this makes my MC too passive. To cor…
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · In that case I'm definitely selling it to you, or someone is.My given life is in three novels. Β The …
  •  · 
I have to share this! I just watched a Tedx talk with Brian Weisfeld, author of The Startup Squad (m…
Added a comment to 121 Anxiety 

That must be it, cause I haven't been able to find them on my laptop and like Janet pointed out to me, only two animals! How can that be?πŸ˜‰

Where did you find those crossed fingers? I looked all over for them!

Oh no! What happened? At the last minute, she had to reschedule? What a disappointment, I'm sorry to hear that, but look on the bright side, maybe she'll give extra thought to your submission packageπŸ™

She said that the market is looking for diverse children protagonists right now. Oh well, by the time I finish rewriting all 3 books in the series, animals will come back around!

Right? It just can't be possible that she doesn't like animals! I think that must be agent speak for "I can't SELL animal stories". You kind of have to read between the lines with them😁

Wow, another full? That's great news, congratulations! Is this the second novel, Lynn?Β 

Yes, she had a lot of positive things to say but when she stressed right up front that she didn't like animal stories, I figured there wasn't much sense asking if she'd like to see the full after I made the changes she suggested.

I'm so glad I took Jericho's advice and only submitted to six agents because I've got some reworking to do before trying again. Β 

Oh no, nightmares? I've got my fingers crossed that she has a lot of helpful advice and has done her homeworkπŸ™

Good luck, Sue! I'll be thinking of youπŸ™

Hi Lynn, how did your 121 go? Mine was very informative and Davinia was well prepared and gentle with her feedback. I'd recommend her to anyone since she is now expanding her list to adult fiction too.Β 

Thanks for the heads up about being asked if you had any questions. I prepared a list of questions and it came in handy! I got a goldmine of information about things that she probably wouldn't have covered on her own. Her answers to my very specific questions were immediate and spot on so I could tell she had invested time in my submission package even though the first thing she told me was she didn't like animal stories. I'm very happy with my first 121 experience and it was well worth the money.

You should be proud! it looks very professional and your blurb is superb. Congratulations, Karmen!!

That's so nice of you, thank you! ❀

Hi Paul-Dominique,

Thanks for sharing your 1-2-1 experience. I have one tomorrow and I hope I'm able to take the constructive criticism as well as you did! Congratulations on the great voice compliment! I happen to love prosecco and I'm raising my glass to you!

Info
Full Name:
Julie B
Friends count:
Followers count:
Membership
Standard