I write mostly fantasy but I have several naming methods.
1. I play around with real names and vary the spelling or I just make up lots of words until I find one that sounds like a good name.
2. I use my parents Baby Name book they got and look through it to find either less common names or names where the meaning might have something to do with the character.
3. I watch the credits of films and make a note of interesting first names and surnames to maybe combine later.
4. I also look at the spines of books in mine, parents, grandparents and other peoples libraries (some of those National Trust property libraries have very interesting books). The older the better often and take part of the authors name. I found my protagonist's love interest's surname from a old book in my Grandparents' cabinet library in their sun room.
5. I google uncommon names. There are plenty of sites that have lists for giving your baby an unusual name. Nameberry is quite good.
6. I occasionally create a naming convention/rule and I use it for all my names.
7. I look at Latin names and use a variation. (Sometimes works for naming creatures)
Those are some of the ways I generate names of characters. There are also some names I won't use because they relate to closely to someone I know etc. :)