Debbie Etherington

I worked for most of my life as a freelance Training consultant in management. Having now chosen to retire from this profession, I now have more time to indulge my passion for writing. I recently had an illustrated children’s book published on Amazon ‘Milly, Molly and Fat Cat’ and I have finished my second manuscript, now editing ‘Archie and the Witch‘s Spell’ looking for an agent! 

Relationships
Empty
Debbie Etherington Discussions
  •  · 
That’s it, I’m done! Another agent rejection, and of course it knocks your confidence. I know, I kno…
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · Thanks Sarah that’s really useful information. I would love to get my book published via the traditi…
  •  · 
Feedback appreciated Chapter TwoThe school holidays seemed to go on forever, it was a shock when Ell…
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · Thanks Neil for the feedback. Very helpful, I’ll definitely incorporate your suggestions. Much appre…
  •  · 
Just had a great one to one. very encouraging, just what I needed. 
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · This is great news Debbie 👏 I too had a positive 121. It really does give you a boost doesn't it?Wel…
  •  · 
I know this sounds weird but I am encouraged by a rejection I had from Skylark. I thought I’d post f…
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · Thanks Danny. That’s encouraging just what I need on a soggy Friday! 
I've reworked the chapter - only 1200 words - aimed at 8-10 year olds - Feedback gratefully received…
  •  · 
While I'm waiting to hear back from agents for my other work (could be waiting forever), I am writin…
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · Hi DebStill thinking about self publishing. I'm in discussion with a couple of illustrators at the m…

Thanks Sarah that’s really useful information. I would love to get my book published via the traditional route but no luck so far. 

Thanks Danny. I have a friend who has a business called the writing coach. She is quoting me for a thorough edit so hopefully I’ll be in the right place to self publish.

I’m reading his book at the moment, Richard Osman, someone bought it for me. I liked the start but half way through I’m getting bored with his style. 

very interesting comments. Thank you all.

Thanks Georgina. Yes I will do that. How did you find your edito?

Thank you all for your responses and help. I think another assessment is a good idea so that I can put my best work out there when and if I go down the self publishing route.

Thanks Rob, will take a look.

Thanks David. Yes I’d be very interested to hear how you get on. Did you find the illustrator independently or were they recommended? 

Hi Ryan,

just the standard letters… I really liked it but I didn’t love it enough to take on etc…. Bla,bla. Having self doubts.

Added a forum 

That’s it, I’m done! Another agent rejection, and of course it knocks your confidence. I know, I know, this is normal and part of the process, but my shrinking ego is now smaller than pea size. So I’ve made the decision if I don’t get any responses by end of Feb I’m self publishing. I’m toying with using and paying for the service, partly because I’m lazy and would rather spend my time writing! I’ve thought about signing up for the self publishing course. Have any of you done the course? How did you find it? Is it worth the money or should I use the money to pay for the service? A couple of you have suggested using a self publishing company in the past. I’d be grateful if you could reply with the names of these again and any others. Many thanks in advance.

Some people just want to criticise. Remember it’s the majority that count and they are positive.

Thanks. I think it’s keeping going with the marketing that’s difficult. The pandemic hasn’t helped! Good luck.

Info
Full Name:
Debbie Etherington
Friends count:
Followers count:
Membership
Standard