Brigitte C

An American woman living in London and finding her voice through writing.  I'm originally from New Jersey and love reading, watching sports, languages and listening to other people's stories.  My writing ideas seem to bend between inspiring for women and girls along with fiction (historical and crime or both).  I love the writing of Diana Gabaldon, Janet Evanovich, Charlaine Harris and JK Rowling.  I find that there is so much inspiration in our daily lives and anything can be a story.  I think of the Neverending Story when I write and think that we're truly lucky to help give birth to characters and share them with the world.  Instagram: NJRugbyGirl, Twitter: NJRugbyGrl, Facebook: Brigitte Cirilli

Relationships
Empty
Brigitte C Discussions
  •  · 
Does anyone write other things other than books?I've learned recently about Personal Essays. I've be…
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · Wow!   That takes b***s!  And no-one spotted your fictional account inside the boring blurb!  What a…
  •  · 
Hi! I wanted to sign up for next month's events. Is there a way to do that?
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · Always love a bit of teamwork!!!  Thank you Steve & Julie!
  •  · 
So, I'm trying the planning thing (and still trying to do my flatplans for various books).  I'm wond…
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · When I've got a couple million to spare…But different brain structures is something I've been harpin…
  •  · 
Hey everyone!  I just got my email about prep for November NaNoWriMo (for those that don't know it's…
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · Did you create your user profile? If you've got your ID, then please send it to me and I'll add you …
  •  · 
I was wondering if anyone would like to have a virtual writing group? I don't know how writing group…
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · It looks like zoom is the best platform for something like this. Does anyone happen to have an accou…
  •  · 
Yesterday, I hit a block... I don't know why particularly but I just had difficulty focusing on writ…
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · This is brilliant news, Elfriede! Best of luck with it all and be great to hear how you get on - I l…

Yippee!!! It affirms to me that I know what I'm doing! Woohoo!!! Going to do the happy dance!  

Hey Sarah. Thanks for this. I also tried navigating and found it a bit difficult. You should be able to keyword tag the videos in a the Content Management System (CMS) that you're using (if you have one which you should...) You should want it to be flexible instead of hard coded as it will allow you to update and change the keywords dependent upon what people may need.

I love this story! That's amazing. I'm thinking that they gave up but how cruel of them to have you write such a tedious document if no one was going to read it!

Oh my goodness! That's exciting! I wish the non fiction proposal was now! lol.  I need to put one together for a research book that I want to do... I'll just get started w/ interviews & doing online research! Thank you so much for all of the events you organise.

Added a forum 

Does anyone write other things other than books?

I've learned recently about Personal Essays. I've been watching Roxane Gay's Masterclass on Writing for Social Change & she talks about writing essays & magazines. There are other types of shorter pieces like essays, blogs, articles, etc... I'm not exactly sure how to do all of that and have started looking things up online. I'm not sure if it's better to work on shorter pieces to start getting out there while I'm working on a longer piece of work. 

Any ideas? Suggestions? Maybe Anna could get some events arouns these things?

Added a forum 

Hi! I wanted to sign up for next month's events. Is there a way to do that?

Added a forum 

So, I'm trying the planning thing (and still trying to do my flatplans for various books).  I'm wondering would one do the character worksheets first and get to know your characters or do you just go into the flatplans and try to figure it out?  I'm rewatching the 6th of August's Plotting for those who hate plotting to do my flatplan...but I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed... Not sure what to do... 

Added a post  to  , Brigitte C

Hi Brigitte, I really enjoyed this afternoons webinar. I just wanted to say that if you ever want to send me a private message on twitter and chat about family problems i’m happy to listen. I don’t speak to one of my brothers and part of that is the way he treated me last year after my dad died. I understand and I’m happy to listen.

Added a forum 

Hey everyone!  I just got my email about prep for November NaNoWriMo (for those that don't know it's national novel writing month).  Is anyone else doing it and want to be in the same group?  I've already outlined the project that I'm going to work on during it!

Added a forum 

I was wondering if anyone would like to have a virtual writing group? I don't know how writing groups work but I thought it could be nice if people wanted to get together and we could chat about issues that we might be having and have accountability partners of where we have to write for an hour or 2.  Like I said, I don't know how writing groups work so I'm open to any input and this is just an idea to see if anyone is interested. 

Thanks! Brigitte

Added a forum 

Yesterday, I hit a block... I don't know why particularly but I just had difficulty focusing on writing and made myself sit down to do it but my word count was pitiful and half of what it normally is. Does anyone have any suggestions on upping your word count staying focused even when you feel a bit meh about a scene and you've not figured out why?

changed a profile picture 
Info
Full Name:
Brigitte C
Friends count:
Followers count:
Membership
Standard