angela.errington

Sometime teacher, cyclist, enthusiastic writer.  I am working on a historical crime novel set in the windswept North Pennines in 1860.  

Relationships
Empty
angela.errington Discussions
  •  · 
Hi everyone, If, like me, you've worked hard to polish your work and haven't got anywhere at all wit…
  •  · 
Hi everyone, I just popped in to share with you the dubious milestone of my first rejection, a polit…
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · Hi Angela,Don't take your rejection to heart - was it Agatha Christie who received 48 rejections bef…
  •  · 
Hi everyone, Following Debi Alper's recent webinar on managing expectations, I am having a small cel…
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · Congrats on taking that important step. I'm glad you consider those replies as treasure. I myself ha…
  •  · 
Hi, I have worked on this to within an inch of its life.  Would anyone have time to read this and co…
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · Oh no, I've only just seen your reply and I deleted everything off my desk top sometime before the n…
  •  · 
After my experiences of the last few months and the knowledge I have gained from this site, I have r…
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · 😂Dan, that looks amazing. I don’t think I have a spare wall big enough for one of those boards but m…
  •  · 
In case this helps anyone, I am sharing an idea a writer friend of mind gave, which has helped me a …
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · Oh, that's too bad. It was 11 months for me. I hope you manage something sooner than you think.

Hi Corryb, welcome from one who has just recently joined. Have a great time with your spinning plates. Angela

Hi Natalia, Thanks for the heads up on the police  procedure video. I write historical crime so it’s not personally useful but I find the videos on JW super. I watched Plotting for people who hate plotting and it’s given me some new methods to try. Good luck with your work. Angela

Hi Maggie, What à concise, comprehensive summary! Thanks for taking the time. Read and understood! Angela

Congratulations Jon, What a great story, hook, meat in the middle and a great ending. The mystery character in the suitcase is strong enough to be the opening of a mystery novel, I thought,  but I’m a sucker for those. Well done.

Hello, I’d love to read your prologue and it’s great to have you back! I hope whatever you’ve been busy with was pleasant and successful for you. Angela

Hello Ida, Thanks for your comments. Your method of plotting sounds super organised. I had a plot outline but because of odd things I’ve had to check on while writing, have added in a couple of aspects I hadn’t imagined at the start. The time period of this one is about 50 years earlier, which is actually a huge difference, I didn’t realise quite how much when I began. I was so enthused when I thought of the idea I couldn’t resist though. I’ve paused the submissions for now as I’ve set myself an ambitious time target of 1000 words a day for the first draft. That’s hilarious considering it took me literally years to finish the first. As a matter of interest, what kind of novels do you read for pleasure and have any inspired you? Angela

Thanks for reminding me of that. I tend to get tunnel vision when I’m working which is not good. I’ll be there!

It’s a case of trial and error. I’ll only know what works after more experience I suppose. Thanks for your help.

That sounds super well organised and I can see how that would hello to keep the clues and camouflage clear. Thanks for that. 

To Jane, JGrove, Ian Walker, Daggilarr and Robert,

Thanks folks, plenty of inspiration there! By this criterion then, I’m a planny pantser. I suppose we can all only judge by the end result. I am 21k words into my new ms and I’m already finding my character has yanked me into something I had no intention of at the beginning. I feel like I can use it as a strong thread and perhaps help increase the jeopardy at the end. (Got all the right words for this, haven’t I?) if I sound like I know what I’m doing, I can only apologise for misleading you all, Angela

Info
Full Name:
angela.errington
Friends count:
Followers count:
Membership
Standard