James Forinton

Relationships
Empty
James Forinton Discussions
  •  · 
Would anyone like to read the opening chapters of my story? I've had some positive from a couple of …
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · Hi James, I had a quick read of the opening. You said this is your first real draft and it very much…
  •  · 
Has anyone ever had any work published by Austin Macauley? I've received an offer for a "non-contrib…
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · The simple rule is, never pay. Money should only flow one way, toward you. 
  •  · 
Slight amendment to previous script. Would like to know what you think. Basically is it something yo…
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · Thanks for the suggestion and noticing the mistakes! Glad you like it. Hardest thing is trying to fi…
  •  · 
I received the following e-mail the other day from Olympia Publishers  Dear Mr Forinton,Thank you fo…
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · Thanks, Danny. I appreciate your response. Buyer Beware.
Wrote this for another website but thought it may be relevant (or at least some of it). Slightly ame…
  •  · 
Quick question. Do chapter titles count towards a book's overall word count? 
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · I do 😄 😄 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09J9YG4X2

Hi everyone, just published my first book. It's a screenplay about Alcock and Brown and the attempt to first fly over the Atlantic ocean. 

Thanks for the welcome. My scripts are feature in length, in other words between 100=130 minutes. If you're interested in scriptwriting I can recommend scribelounge which is an online community for scriptwriters.

I like to write about historical events that have been almost forgotten (or never generally known about), that both educate and inspire. The ones were you are surprised that no one has ever made a film about. It is my intention to give a voice to those who need their stories told to a wider audience. Also bring to the screen events that may have never been or had films that were made so long ago they have been either forgotten or in desperate need for a newer version. For example there has never been a film made of Alcock and Brown nor of Hereward the Wake (there was a BBC series back in the 60's, but that no longer exists). Whereas regarding Grace Darling there was a film made in the later 1930's.

If I work out how I'll put links on to my scripts on this group. However they are on the Peer to peer forum.

Thanks Carol and J for the advice and hints. Set foot does sound better. The story is finished, or to be more accurate the first real draft is. Friends and family are reading it, but wouldn't mind a Beta reader to through it. Admittedly grammar has never been my strongest point. Its usually best to get someone else to read it as they can spot errors which you can't see. Although I did run it through pro-writing aid. 

I suppose when it comes to the main event there are those who prefer books that dive straight into the action, whilst others prefer a more slower, longer route. 

Added a forum 

Would anyone like to read the opening chapters of my story? I've had some positive from a couple of publishers, but to be honest I'm entirely convinced if they were being honest or just being nice. I'm probably more of a scriptwriter than a author. Thanks.

Use of dialect can add an extra dialect to a story. It can create a sense of both reality and localism. True, I think overuse of local dialect can ruin a story (especially if the reader needs to constantly look up what certain local words mean, as it can ruin the flow of the reading). Also the time the story is set can play a vital part in use of dialect.  My current project is about Grace Darling, so is therefore set around the Farne Islands. I've added some local dialect in order to give it an authentic feel. 

Thanks for the advice both Holly and Rick. I've rejected all hybrid contracts. They're just not worth the risk. I'm awaiting to hear from some traditional publishers, and if they're a no then I'll look at self publishing. So when they say that my work "is well-written with a consistent and absorbing narrative, we believe that your work deserves a chance to reach the wider market." (Olympia) or  "The Board was keen to comment on your ability to compile a cast of characters that are unique, complex and incredibly fascinating. The reader is soon drawn into Yasmina’s and Florentina’s upturned lives and is given a front-row seat as they face the trials and tribulations of an unpredictable journey. Your masterful way with words is to be commended. ‘I Am Still Me?’ is an addictive, fast paced novel worthy of attention, and we believe it would have a place in the market." (Austin Macauley)  do they actually meant it or is it as I suspect just saying it in order to entice you to sign a contract? 

My wife has recently wrote a children's book which she's sent to a few publishers (still awaiting a response, but the comments from people have been highly positive), Anyway thanks for the warning. I'm thinking of self-publishing.

Thanks for the suggestion and noticing the mistakes! Glad you like it. Hardest thing is trying to find an agent or a production company (without the dreaded "We do not accept unsolicited scripts". You're close in regarding the location. It's actually based on the Northumbria coast.

Added a forum 

Has anyone ever had any work published by Austin Macauley? I've received an offer for a "non-contributory contract" (which sounds remarkably familiar to a hybrid contract). Most of the reviews I've read seem to be negative, so I'm highly suspicious.

Thanks. No its not too late. 

Added a forum 

Slight amendment to previous script. Would like to know what you think. Basically is it something you would go and watch? Thanks.

Info
Full Name:
James Forinton
Friends count:
Followers count:
Membership
Standard
James Forinton Photos