James Forinton

Relationships
Empty
James Forinton Discussions
Wrote this for another website but thought it may be relevant (or at least some of it). Slightly ame…
  •  · 
Quick question. Do chapter titles count towards a book's overall word count? 
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · I do 😄 😄 
  •  · 
Next two chapter's of my story. Thinking of changing the title. Have several in mind, all variations…
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · Bob, thanks managed to open it. Really, really helpful. Sometimes takes a fresh pair of eyes to noti…
  •  · 
I've decided to split chapter one into two chapters. The story is a family drama set in the near fut…
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · HI JamesI'd be surprised if anyone has the time to read a whole manuscript - that's more a job for a…
  •  · 
I've just finished writing my story and am now editing it. Would be grateful for any feedback on the…
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · oops originally a slight mess up with the time line in chapter one, but have now corrected it. Sorry…
  •  · 
Okay this is different, but here goes. This is a script I wrote for either a film or TV drama. There…
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · HI JamesI started out writing scripts as part of a trio for theatre work, mainly amateur but the the…
Added a forum 

Wrote this for another website but thought it may be relevant (or at least some of it). Slightly amended it for this site. Maybe you'll agree with some of it or perhaps all of it, or indeed none of it. 

Like perhaps 99.9% of all writers I write mainly for personal enjoyment. Writing, whatever the style and format (be it  script, poetry, or novel writing) is an art form in itself. However instead of creating a visual picture we create a world by using words. Therefore we allow our readers to create their own worlds by using their own imaginations, which means they are not just limited to what we, as the "artist" wants them to see. Therefore should we see ourselves not only as writers, but also as artists, using words as our medium? 

For example,if you gave ten people a scene from a book and ask them to describe the scene, you'll probably get ten different variations. 

We, as the writer, create the world, but we allow our reader to "colour" in their own unique style.  

I try to keep flexible by not just writing scripts, but also currently writing a fictional novel. By writing two types helps me improve my writing skills. Whilst script writing can be described a series of instructions, novel writing is more complex and involved with characterization and worlds being created. Also I'm researching into writig a book regarding the development and operational history of the Vickers Vimy, delving not only into its famed record breaking flights but its ordinary history . 

My current script is about the first flight over the Atlantic by Alcock and Brown in 1919 which is a true event, whereas my novel is completely fictional and is about a woman who suffers a terrible accident and has to be turned into a cyborg in order to live. However unlike most cyborg novels my character has virtually no superhuman abilities or augmentations. She changes from a calm, methodical and analytical person to one who is violent, abusive, irritable and suicidal. The book will chart how both herself and her family cope with both the physical and mental changes.

As you can see two totally different subjects and styles of writing, but each designed to tell a tale. 

Writing should be a leisure and a hobby, but like most writers we all hope to one day become a successful author or scriptwriter, therefore giving up our mundane everyday jobs (for those of us who have such jobs). Us writers have all got a story inside us to tell and want others to share that tale. Or we want to write about something that interests us andwe want to share it. Not only that but writing provides us with a means of escapism from the everyday (never more so than in today’s current climate).

Once writing becomes a chore or uninteresting then the main reason is lost: namely the pleasure or joy of writing. I don’t think people write solely for monetary gain or at least its not the main reason for myself. (Of course that first cheque or bank transfer is always a) helpful and b) satisfaction that you are now a published author!

Basically at the end of the day writing should be a pleasure and not only a solo activity but also one that we can all share our experiences with, be they good or bad.

Thanks for reading.

Sometimes I switch between two WP software programs, one online whilst the other is installed on my laptop. When I type in a word such as "anymore" one underlines it red, leaving whatever I've typed looking like a school essay after being marked by the teacher (full of words underlined in red!) Therefore I end up hyphenating the offending word/s. However, the other WP is quite happy to accept such words as "anyone, anymore" as a singular word without the need to hyphenate. 

Added a forum 

Quick question. Do chapter titles count towards a book's overall word count? 

Added a forum 

Next two chapter's of my story. Thinking of changing the title. Have several in mind, all variations of the same theme. Like with chapter one there is some offensive language. 

Added a forum 

I've decided to split chapter one into two chapters. The story is a family drama set in the near future. It's about a woman who following a serious accident is turned into a cyborg in order to save her life, and how that affects not only herself, but also her family. Not only is she changed physically but also mentally and utterly loathes what she has become and her change in attitude from mild mannered loving wife and mother to someone who is violently aggressive and abusive to all as well being extremely depressed. 

changed a profile picture 
Added a forum 

I've just finished writing my story and am now editing it. Would be grateful for any feedback on the first chapters. thanks. 

Added a forum 

Okay this is different, but here goes. This is a script I wrote for either a film or TV drama. There is a production company that is very very interested in developing this. If there is anyone who has experience of script writing who could perhaps advise and may offer improvements then I would be most grateful.  

Added a forum 

This is probably the wrong community group being more book oriented but would it be possible to upload a script I've wrote? 

Thanks

Info
Full Name:
James Forinton
Friends count:
Followers count:
Membership
Standard
James Forinton Photos