Emily D'Souza | Community Assistant | Jericho Writers

I'm Emily and I have recently started as Community and Content Assistant at Jericho Writers! I graduated from University of Exeter last year with a degree in English Literature and have since started my own virtual book club for publishing hopefuls during the pandemic! Other than reading and books (obviously), I am interested in music, radio and writing (I love anything Fleetwood Mac in particular!) 

I run the Jericho Writers Book Club and am always available for questions via messenger or email - community@jerichowriters.com

Relationships
Empty
Emily D'Souza | Community Assistant | Jericho Writers Discussions
Hi everyone, I've had a few messages and questions about the book club by those who are unsure about…
  •  · 
Hi all, Today is officially my last day at Jericho Writers - just wanted to say thank you all for ma…
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · I wish you loads of luck for whatever comes next. 💜
Happy Valentine's Day to you all!Here at Jericho Writers, the wonderful Anna Burtt | Head of Events …
What’s stopping you from taking control of your writing career?  Many people still feel that taking …
  •  · 
Prepping for our Writing for Children Course, the Jericho Writers staff have been feeling very nosta…
  •  · 
  •  · 
  •  · I am so old that most of it I can't remember. I loved Famous Five and similar then went onto the cla…
  •  · 
Hi all, The Jericho Writers staff have loved hearing all about your 2022 writing goals. We'd LOVE to…

Ah thank you so much, that's very kind of you to say and I'm glad that you've enjoyed my posts! I'll miss you all too and everything's in the pipeline for my next step :) 

Good luck with everything!

Added a forum 

Hi all, 

Today is officially my last day at Jericho Writers - just wanted to say thank you all for making this community a wonderful place and wish you all luck with your writing endeavours!

Our Head of Community Natali Juste Simmonds | Head of Community & Editorial Commissions | Jericho Writers is on annual leave, so Savannah Jackson | Digital Content Assistant | Jericho Writers (who works on blogs and community) will be keeping an eye on things over the next two weeks. If you have any community-based queries please email community@jerichowriters.com and for anything else Jericho-related, please email info@jerichowriters.com

Thanks all and keep in touch!

Emily x 

Added a forum 

Happy Valentine's Day to you all!

Here at Jericho Writers, the wonderful Anna Burtt | Head of Events | Jericho Writers and Elsie Granthier | Writer Support & Events Assistant | Jericho Writers have had lots of fun coming up with some romance writing prompts, with everything you could need from sci-fi and classics to dark romance. https://jerichowriters.com/69-romance-writing-prompts/

My personal favourite - 'What if it wasn't Mr Rochester that Jane Eyre fell for, but instead, his first wife in the attic?' 

We hope that these inspire you to get creative this Valentine's Day and we'd love to see the results of anything that you write based on our prompts!

Added a forum 

What’s stopping you from taking control of your writing career?  

Many people still feel that taking the route of self-publishing means you have to do everything yourself; that it signifies a last resort when you can’t get a publishing contract; or that successful traditionally published authors make more money than indies.  

There are reams of self-publishing myths – but indie-author, expert and tutor Debbie Young is here to help debunk them all. She’ll be taking over the Alliance of Independent Authors’ on Wednesday 26 Jan at 20:00 GMT: https://twitter.com/StonehamPress/status/1485254491934842886?s=20

Debbie is very well-placed to be answering all your questions about self-pub, in the form of a casual Twitter chat. Drop in and say hi using the hashtag, and feel free to ask her about her Simply Self-Publish course starting in March: https://bit.ly/jwsimplyselfpub

Added a forum 

Prepping for our Writing for Children Course, the Jericho Writers staff have been feeling very nostalgic recently thinking about the books that defined our own childhoods. 

My favourite was Enid Blyton's The Magic Faraway Tree and others included The Secret Garden, Babar the Elephant, Mrs Pepperpot and lots of Jaqueline Wilson's books, although we also discussed that the topics of these were quite advanced for young readers... 

What were your favourites? 

If you want to join our brilliant Writing for Children Course with Eleanor Hawken, you can find out more here.

That's so encouraging to hear and congratulations again, Lynn!

That's great, Alisa! You'll be pleased to know that Self-Pub month is back in April 2022 and you can find a list of the events on our website here - https://jerichowriters.com/events/self-publishing-month/ :) 

Info
Full Name:
Emily D'Souza | Community Assistant | Jericho Writers
Friends count:
Followers count:
Membership
Administrator
My Posts
Emily D'Souza | Community Assistant | Jericho Writers Polls

Private

Not logged in users can't 'View Poll'.

Private