Jaye Sarasin

Former teacher, volunteer in Africa, worker for the Science Research Council, maid; lived in Switzerland America Ivory Coast; passionate reader writer (mostly YA and MG) and gardener; author of The Green Enclave and Under the Dragon's Tooth (Not a very goood title as it is not about dragons).  Presently struggling with  Changelings follow up to The Green Enclave.  Known as Jenny from Leeds in the chat rooms.

Relationships
Empty

My novel is dystopian science fiction set in a future Chile but with a strong element of Inca  history and characters interwoven, so many of my characters speak Quechua, the main Indian language of the High Andes.  Fortunately Google supplies lists of names in Quechua and also their meanings so I was able to choose a goodly selection for my caste including Amaru the Snake, Asiri the Smile,  and so on.  Not counting those of the famous  Inca kings, like Topa and Viracocha.  No doubt some true Quechua speaker will tell me it's all rubbish but we must just do the best we can!

Farsley near the top of Old Road.  Hi again! Did Brigitte's reading group ever get off the ground?

Hi Jennyone1,

you'll have a fabulous time on here as everyone is very friendly.  Look forward to seeing you around the forums

Hi, Thanks for finding this and passing it on.  I think I just managed to skate under the wire! 

Glad you're back literally and via the spoken word.  Have fun

I don't think any of us are much the wiser, either!

Added a comment to agent 121s 

I've had a lot of useful feedback from Jericho Writers 1-2-1s.  With one exception they all read the extract carefully and made helpful suggestions - even the one who clearly hadn't read it with any degree of attention made a worthwhile point.

They would apply to most films as well, wouldn't they

I cracked up at heart rending.  I knew if I spotted a Dixon post I'd be rewarded!

Well, I must say it looks interesting, Nick, but you lost me at  'but for Morgan'. Do we mean 'as well as' Morgan - an addition to their problems?  I think you were trying to cram too much (it is, after all, 120,000 words long) into too small a smalI a space - turning a cover letter into a synopsis.  I had no problem with sprytan and daiman (if a bit generic these days post Philip Pullman) but I don't think a catastrophe, being abstract, can perform machinations although wicked grandfathers can. It sounds as if you've got loads of good ideas but I agree with Glyn - stick up the first 3000 words and you'll have a better idea of whether it works  

Info
Full Name:
Jaye Sarasin
Friends count:
Followers count:
Membership
Standard
Jaye Sarasin Files