·   · 99 posts
  •  · 4 friends

JW Members Only - elevator pitches please!

Hello JW members

As per my email - can I have your elevator pitches please for the webinar next week. Webinar info here:

https://members.jerichowriters.com/content/perfecting-your-elevator-pitch-with-harry-bingham/

(That link does work - I've just checked it - but you do need to be logged in to the JW site to see it.)

Rules for the elevator pitch:

• One submission per person please
  • JW members only (sorry everyone else - but this is a members only event)
  • Max 50 words per pitch
  • But aim for less. Most pitches can be done in <20 words, and often <10

Hope to see loads of you at the webinar. I'm looking forward to it myself ...

0 1 0 0 1 0
Comments (133)
  • Amelia Borgiotti died a martyr in 1643 and couldn’t stop trying to save people even after she became a ghost, but she needed to possess the living to deal with Nero’s curse. 

0 0 0 0 0 0
    • grotesque genetic experiments and planned slaughter in the HIgh Andes - only 3 teenagers can stop them

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • In Victorian Liverpool, a gullible youth wants money. A violent thief wants an accomplice. The police want justice. But what is justice?

0 0 0 0 0 0
        • Hiya Harry

Thank you so much for the webinar the other night-  really generous with your time and feedback (although possible avoidance of the bedtime saga possibly?! My husband always find things to do as well...! )               

I have reflected on the DNA of my book (love that term) and acted on your feedback which was- mine had too much going on. 

Here is another go:

1930’s England- the world is in the state of flux which allows an interwoven love story to blossom that pushes an artist, a playwright, an heiress and a psychopath to their limits.  Who will triumph? 

I would really welcome any comments that anybody might have. To me it feels like like climbing a mountain with a toothpick. 

0 0 0 0 0 0
          • My elevator pitch - my first ever attempt at one - first novel, too:

"Norwegian actor of Sámi descent falls in love with married British publicist 11 years his senior. Culture clashes, prejudice, lies, ethnically-motivated violence, discrimination and ultimately uplifting love, with a magical arctic flavour. Welcome to ‘The Light of Kautokeino’!"

(38 words)

(goes to hide behind the desk)

0 0 0 0 0 0
            Not logged in users can't 'Comments Post'.
            Info
            Created:
            Updated:
            Featured Posts
            5 Things To Know About Book Publicists
            So, you’re getting published. Your agent has persuaded a publisher to take on your book – job done, right? Wrong (and a good thing too, otherwise this blog post would be woefully short)!   There are a lot of people involved in turning your manuscript into a book – and to make sure that your book sells. One of the departments that you might not know much about is the publicity department.   I’m privileged to have a PR director from Penguin Random House as a mentor, and I’d like to share with you 5 things every author needs to know about book publicists.   1) They help to determine whether your book is brought on-board.   Before purchasing your book, a publishing house will hold an acquisi
            We're in the Mood for Romance
            We at Jericho Writers know how important it is to spend some quality time with your significant other this Valentine’s day…and by significant other, we do of course mean your ever-dependable manuscript. After facing one another across a dimly lit table (it’s surprising how much light laptops can create), you might find that the passion you’ve been holding onto will reignite and boldly take the form of poetic prose.  On the other hand, you may also find yourself staring into the abyss wondering “Can we go the whole hog, or has the time come to start a new chapter?” If that’s the case, then worry not my friends! We have the tools to help you figure out your next best steps. You can check out