·   · 8 posts
  •  · 2 friends

7700 words and counting

Been picking at my book every day. 7700 or so words, 6 chapters and roughly 25% complete to bring me with an estimated 36,000 word word count. Though likely that will be too short and will need to be worked in a second draft. As 36,000 words is only 75 standard 8x11 pages. Just some thoughts of the morning.

0 0 0 0 0 0
Comments (4)
  • Glad you're making some good progress. I have similar thoughts about mine looking like it might be too short at the moment, but I probably don't yet have enough to really be making that judgement. I suspect with mine it's partly the case that my writing is naturally lean and the opposite of over-written, but also there's more description to layer in than I'm putting in a first draft. I'm trying not to worry about it for now, but to press on with the first draft and see where that takes me.

0 0 0 0 0 0
    • Pretty much

0 0 0 0 0 0
    • The farthest I've got, is 25000 words. I feel a bit like Anakin in a pod race.

0 0 0 0 0 0
      • Per project or the main one?

0 0 0 0 0 0
      Not logged in users can't 'Comments Post'.
      Info
      Category:
      Created:
      Updated:
      Featured Posts
      5 Things To Know About Book Publicists
      So, you’re getting published. Your agent has persuaded a publisher to take on your book – job done, right? Wrong (and a good thing too, otherwise this blog post would be woefully short)!   There are a lot of people involved in turning your manuscript into a book – and to make sure that your book sells. One of the departments that you might not know much about is the publicity department.   I’m privileged to have a PR director from Penguin Random House as a mentor, and I’d like to share with you 5 things every author needs to know about book publicists.   1) They help to determine whether your book is brought on-board.   Before purchasing your book, a publishing house will hold an acquisi
      We're in the Mood for Romance
      We at Jericho Writers know how important it is to spend some quality time with your significant other this Valentine’s day…and by significant other, we do of course mean your ever-dependable manuscript. After facing one another across a dimly lit table (it’s surprising how much light laptops can create), you might find that the passion you’ve been holding onto will reignite and boldly take the form of poetic prose.  On the other hand, you may also find yourself staring into the abyss wondering “Can we go the whole hog, or has the time come to start a new chapter?” If that’s the case, then worry not my friends! We have the tools to help you figure out your next best steps. You can check out